With the ongoing process of Digitization, people
wish to reduce their paper-based work and expect to have access to their
important documents from anywhere and at any time. Document Management
Systems are the best solution to make this task a much easier one. PDF
Readers are the best example of Document Management System through which you
can access the PDF file offline and store it to view and even print and
publish it anytime at any place.
Document Management Systems also is known as Content Management System and
is widely considered as the component of Enterprise Content Management
(ECM). It is related to Record Management, Workflows, Digital Asset
Management etc. Document Management Systems refers to managing and accessing
the documents electronically.
Enterprise Content Management Systems manage and control digital documents
created using Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software like CAD etc.
Electronic Document Management System should contain the components given
below to be proven efficient :
- Import: To open new document into the system.
- Storage: To maintain system files and utilize storage.
- Identity: To retrieve documents with accuracy by assigning indexes.
- Export: To remove items from the system.
- Security: Password-protection on certain files for authorized users.